Louisiana Conservation Corps is looking for dedicated young adults to serve 6 or 11 month terms of service. No prior experience is required. LaCC provides our members with hands-on opportunities, extensive training in conservation and disaster response, and the freedom to develop personally and professionally.
We recruit people who have a passion for the environment and working outdoors, and an interest in gaining new skill sets and experiences.
About Louisiana Conservation Corps
Louisiana Conservation Corps (LaCC) is a 21st Century Conservation Service Corps accredited program that empowers young people through conservation, education, service, and jobs training. Participants engage in hands-on projects on public lands, coastal regions, and disaster areas.
Conservation & Disaster Crews – Baton Rouge
Individuals on our Conservation & Disaster Crews love doing hard work in the outdoors. They hail from all across the country and show true enthusiasm for natural resource protection. These crews respond to state disasters, as well as federally declared national disasters.
Conservation & Disaster Crew Members:
July 26, 2021 – December 10, 2021
- $1,398 per month living allowance
- Americorps Education Award
- Student Loan Deferment
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid Certification
- Technical Skills Training
- Fundamental Skills Training
- Health Insurance
- FEMA certifications
Qualifications – Must Have
- High school diploma or GED
- Between the ages of 18-28
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent US Resident
- Ability to hike 3-12 miles per day in rugged terrain, often wearing a 45lb backpack and carrying tools.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use hand and power tools
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Commitment to completing entire term of service
- Strong service ethic and desire to serve the community and the environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Willingness to work long, hard hours in all weather conditions; ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
Qualifications – Desired
- Prior experience in camping, backcountry travel, or related fieldwork.