Come celebrate National Public Lands Day with the American YouthWorks program, Texas Conservation Corps! We’ll be hosting several service projects throughout Austin on the morning of Saturday, September 30th. And we hope you’ll join us for a celebration in the afternoon!
During the celebration you will have the chance to visit many of our community partners, such as: Keep Austin Beautiful, REI, Travis County 4-H, Hill Country Conservancy, Travis County BCP Preserve, Austin Youth River Watch, and the Native Plant Society of Texas – Austin Chapter (more coming soon!).
We hope you’ll join us for one of the following service opportunities (click the location for more info):
- Barton Creek 360 Trailhead – invasive species removal, trash pick up
- Travis County Balcones Canyonlands Preserve – bridge installation, trail maintenance, trail construction
- Montopolis Greenbelt – light trail work, invasive species removal, trash pick up
- Adams-Hemphill Park – Tree Mulching & Root Collar Clearing
- Shoal Creek – trash pick up, graffiti removal, light trail work
- Onion Creek – litter clean up
All service projects will take place from 8:45am to 11:00am.
If you’d like us to help at another project, let us know!
We’d like to give a special thanks to REI for helping us with the event!
We’d also like to thank: Hops & Grain, Third Coast Coffee, South Austin Brewery, Cuvee Coffee, & P. Terry’s.